Flank steak is a particularly tough cut of meat, and is therefore most commonly used for things such as fajitas, where the role the meat plays is significantly diminished. However, if you’re bent on learning how to cook flank steak and make it delicious and tender, try the following recipe. It depends on a great marinade to help the meat tenderize.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 ½ lbs. flank steak
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1. In a medium size bowl, mix together Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, oil, ground black pepper, mustard, garlic and soy sauce. Use a shallow glass dish and place meat in center of dish. Pour marinade over the meat; keep turning until it is completely covered. Cover the dish and refrigerate for six hours.
2. Preheated your grill to a medium high temperature.
3. Make sure to oil the grill grate. Put flank steaks on the grill, and throw away the marinade. Grill each side 5 minutes, or until cooked to desired level.
Baked potatoes, green vegetables, beans, garlic bread or rolls always go good with a great steak.
Flank steak is an excellent source of protein and iron. However, it should be eaten sparingly; as with all red meats it contains high amounts of saturated fat.
Here’s to another Fantastic meal!