There are only six different types of crab known to mankind, Alaskan King, Alaskan Snow, Blue, Dungenous, Red Rock, and the Chinese Mitten Crab. Out of them all the Alaskan King is not only the most popular, but the deadliest to catch (Haha, Get it!). However, they all offer their own uniqueness in flavor, and can be used interchangeably within this recipe.
How to Cook Crab
(Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes)
You will need the following ingredients:
- 6 crabs
- 16 quarts water
- 2 cups sea salt
- 12 tablespoons butter, divided
1. Add water and salt to a large stock pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add crabs, one at a time, to the boiling water. Make sure crabs are covered with water.
3. Bring water back to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until shells turn red.
4. Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat
5. Serve crabs with butter for dipping on the side
Some wonderful foods pair nicely with boiled crab, mainly steamed greens, artichokes, and corn on the cob.
Here’s to another Fantastic meal!